Vice Chancellor's Desk
VISION OF THE UNIVERSITY
North Orissa University is dedicated to provide a high quality teaching-learning ambience in higher education in order to groom the students to be intellectually responsive, socially responsible, ethically sensitive and professionally competent, enabled to pursue basic and applied research in frontier areas of language & literature, science & technology, law and management. It is envisioned that the University emerges as a powerful agent of disseminating and advancing knowledge, excellence and equity and fostering community linkage activities thereby contributing towards an enlightened and sustainable civil society. As nation building depends crucially upon human capital, North Orissa University aims at acting as a beacon to this region so as to pull up the underprivileged youth to the national mainstream of art, culture, science and technology.
MISSION OF THE UNIVERSITY
- Providing a safe and functional space conducive to learning, working and conducting research by virtue of professionalism, excellence, teamwork and environmental stewardship.
- Providing a clean, efficient and transparent system of administration, admission of students, conducting examinations, evaluation and publication of results.
- Enabling the University to exemplify the highest ideals of social equity, gender justice and compassion for the weak and disadvantaged
- Promoting career progression of University/College teachers by continued updating of knowledge in cutting-edge areas of inter-disciplinary research, current trends in curricular shifts, policy paradigms and associated contemporary issues & challenges
- Optimum utilization of the HRD Centre with activities focussed on training programmes aimed at capacity building and motivation of University/College teachers for accepting challenges arising from exponential growth of new knowledge, international competitiveness and changing requirements of next generation learners
- Fostering academic linkages with national /international organizations/ Universities/ research institutes through MOUs for collaborative research, consultancy and extension services
- Creating opportunity for students and teachers for higher academic exposure through organizing Research Scholars’ Conclave, Hand-on experimental programmes, Workshops, National/International Seminars/Conferences, etc.
- Creating conditions for industry-University collaboration aiming at translating research into socially useful products.
- Promoting harmony among students, faculty, officers and the ministerial staff constituting an effective quadrangle to remain ceaselessly engaged in all-round constructive activities towards securing a superior NAAC accreditation Grade and a competitive NIRF-ranking for the University
- Strengthening activities towards rendering community services in under-privileged tribal-dominated villages through the NSS Bureau of the University.